Monday, 20 September 2010

Daniel 1

Daniel 1 is an interesting little chapter. Every time I come across it, I wind up refreshed and ready to tackle the day's work in front of me. Not that it mentions work, per se; but what it suggests about the nature of serving under God is deeply encouraging.

Reading through this section tells me that:
  1. God equips us with all the tools, skills, resources, and strengths needed for the tasks He sets us.
  2. To receive these gifts and His blessing what we need to do is (re: Jesus in Matt 6:33) seek first the kingdom of God.
This is immensely comforting; and although sometimes it can be difficult to find the kingdom in a particular set of circumstances, Christ's assurance that He will be with us "even to the end" (Matt 28:20) means that even while we are still seeking, He's already preparing us to find.

So... Whether it be going vegan, praying when I shouldn't (Daniel 6), or merely doing what I do well - it doesn't actually matter. God's already there - ready and waiting to work with me.

sdg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are currently unmoderated as an experiment in behavioral psychology.