Sunday, 24 June 2012

Energy

Not that many would notice, seeing as not many read/know of this blog, but I've not really been near here in the last 2 months. In fact, I've not only not posted here, but I've seemingly done very little elsewhere. Life has been interesting these past few months and as a result I crawled inside my cave and hid. To the outside observer I've been sitting on my arse looking pretty for the past while. Which is a misnomer, because:

I haven't been idle.

I've been having numerous things (books, games, films, philosophies, projects, poems, songs, a watercolour, etc.) broiling away in the back of my mind like mad--all continuously fueled by a steady stream of odd thoughts, introspective musings, fantastic leaps of imagination, acute observations and the like from myself and others around me. In fact, looking over these past two months I would have to say they been incredibly fertile. Like a grub that's fed up with being a grub I cocooned myself away from the world, not realising that doing so can lead to turning into a butterfly. Maybe. It's also possible that someone might come along and poison you so they can use your cocoon to make a silk handkerchief, but them's the breaks I guess.

Which is why I'm writing now. I don't know if I'm a colourful bug with a penchant for messing with the weather, or a doomed contributor to someone else's prom dress; but I do know that if I want out of this chrysalis I have to begin moving, shaking, striving to break out of where I find myself.

I've a lot I want to write down before it fades back into the aether, before I lose energy again, and so what follows are a series of short, short posts about things I've been cogitating on in my cave. We'll see how many I can get down before I get hungry enough to remember to have breakfast...

sdg

1 comment:

  1. You are following a pattern that is quite natural. Lack of output is not the same thing as lack of processing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated as an experiment in behavioral psychology.